1. Among the most common causes of disability
2. In any given year, 18.1% of adults suffer from mental illness and 4.2% suffer from a seriously debilitating mental illness.
3. Neuropsychiatric disorders are the leading cause of disability in the US
4. They account for 18.7% of all years of life lost to disability and premature mortality.
5. Suicide is 10th leading cause of death in US
Notice the Positive
Gather Strength from Others
Keep Time from Yourself
Take Care of your Physical Health
Destigmatizing Mental Health
Talk openly about mental health
Educate yourself and others
Be conscious of language
Encourage equality between physical and mental illness
Show compassion for those with mental illness
Don’t harbor self-stigma